Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

One of my favorite go-to recipes when I'm wanting chocolaty-goodness is chocolate chip cookies. Nothing beats an American classic such as the wholesome chocolate chip cookie. The other night, I had one of those cravings and decided to treat myself with my own personal batch. I did not want to spend a lot of time on them since it was one in the morning (stupid night shift schedule causing insomnia) and I am the only one in my apartment who will eat chocolate... I know. Crazy... So my solution was to turn those good old traditional cookies into cookie bars. Here's my version and I hope you like it! If not more for me ;)



Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup dairy-free butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium mixing bowl.
  3. Beat softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
  4. Add eggs to butter mixture one at a time. Combining thoroughly.
  5. Slowly stir in flour mixture to butter mixture.
  6. Add chocolate morsels and oatmeal until well combined.
  7. Spread in 10x10 baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

This recipe is simple and easy and definitely hits the spot when I'm craving some gooey chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I could definitely go for some of this at 1AM.....

    ReplyDelete