Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mason Jar Burlap Vase

Lately on Pinterest I have seen tons of DIY projects involving mason jars. I have been wanting to see what I could come up with seeing as how I happen to have a lot of jars. Most of mine are left over from store bought pasta sauce. After going through my craft supplies I started to experiment and this is what I came up with!



Supplies:
  • Mason jar
  • Burlap ribbon
  • Decorations
  • Black ribbon
  • Scrap fabric

Directions:
  1. First, I laid out my fabric and measured out just enough to fit around the jar and cut it out.
  2. Do the same for the burlap ribbon. The ribbon was a little too thick for the jar so I ended up cutting it long-ways too. To make a straight cut pull out one of the burlap threads. This will leave an empty space that you can cut along.
  3. Next, use the black ribbon to tie the burlap ribbon and fabric onto the jar. You could always glue each piece onto the jar so it will be more stable but I was afraid the glue would show through. I crisscrossed the black ribbon around the jar to give it a more decorative look and to hold the fabric on better.
  4. I used just a simple knot when putting the black ribbon on which made it easier to thread the keys. I bought these keys a while ago at a craft store and decided this was the perfect project to use them on. I took two with varying sizes and threaded each one onto the ribbon.
  5. You can add any other embellishments that you may want but I was happy with just the keys. I added some fake flowers and was done!

I love what I have seen other people do with their own mason jar projects. This new vase looked perfect in my craft room next to the recently redone miniature sewing chest. I hope you all like it and are inspired to do your own simple mason jar project!

Linking Up To:
Whimsy Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment