Thursday, February 6, 2014

Stove Top Sloppy Joes


Tonight for dinner I wanted to make something quick, easy, and delicious. I had just bought some ground beef so I decided sloppy joes was the way to go. My mom made this recipe frequently growing up so it has been a go-to family recipe for quite some time.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 small yellow onion
  • 3 Tbls ketchup
  • 1 Tbls mustard
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 3 oz tomato paste
Directions:
  1. Brown ground beef in skillet. Drain fat from meat.
  2. Dice onion and add to ground beef. Continue to cook on medium heat.
  3. Stir in BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, tomato paste and brown sugar. 
  4. Spoon mixture onto hamburger buns and serve.



This recipe makes about 4-6 sandwiches. You can add more or less of each ingredient depending on your specific taste. Whenever I buy ground beef I buy in bulk because the price per pound is so much better. I then cook it all at once and separate it into individual servings to freeze for future use. I then add all the seasonings and ingredients later. If you cook the meat ahead of time like this then this recipe will take even less time. Let me know what you think of these sloppy joes!


No comments:

Post a Comment