Saturday, June 21, 2014

Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta - Dairy Free

Lately I have been wanting some delicious Alfredo pasta. I whipped this together after getting some inspiration from Desert Now Dinner Later and Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Combining these two recipes, adding some of my own flavors, and converting it to dairy free resulted in a very satisfying dinner.
This was easy to prep and there was a lot leftover for me to eat later in the week. Yum :). This would probably even make a good freezer meal for those who like to plan ahead. So grab your apron and lets get cooking!




Ingredients Alfredo Sauce (makes about 2 cups):
  • 2 Tbls dairy free butter
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 4 oz GoVeggie cream cheese
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup GoVeggie Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 Tbls flour
Ingredients Pasta:
  • 8 oz box pasta
  • 2 1/2 cups broccoli
  • 2 cups shredded chicken
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded GoVeggie Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Directions:
  1. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Fill medium sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta as directed on box. Usually around 7-9 minutes.
  3. In separate sauce pan or skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
  4. Add in the cream cheese and whisk until smooth and creamy.
  5. Slowly pour in almond milk, continuing to stir. 
  6. Add flour and Parmesan cheese, stirring until thickened.
  7. Stir in pepper, salt, and nutmeg. Remove from heat and set aside.
  8. Steam broccoli either in microwave or on the stove top. 
  9. Combine Pasta, Alfredo sauce and brocolli. Season with pepper and garlic powder.
  10. Pour pasta mixture into 9x13 foil lined pan and top with shredded cheese.
  11. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and heated in center.



This recipe is more on the drier side so if you like your pasta very creamy double the Alfredo sauce. Me and my boyfriend loved this recipe and I will be making it again soon. It took me about 20 minutes of prep and I paired it with some simple homemade garlic bread. It was a perfect meal for a nice summer evening. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This seriously makes my mouth water! I'm totally going to make this soon! Thank you Amanda for continuing to link up with Orchard Girls and I for What We Eat Wednesday! I’ve pinned your tasty creation on my WWEW Board. See you next week! :)

    Alexis ♥ Laugh. Eat. Learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was even delicious as leftovers and I am not a leftover person. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)

      Delete