Friday, June 13, 2014

Wreath Embellishment

As I had mentioned in an earlier post my future sister-in law's bridal shower for my side of the family was this weekend. Early this year I had made this Spring Rose Wreath for my door. Amy had really liked it and wanted me to make one for her. The pink in it matched perfectly with her wedding colors and I thought it would be wonderful to use this as decoration for the bridal shower, especially since I knew she already liked it. Most of the bridal shower was a surprise. I did not want her to worry about any of the details so I made sure to keep all of the planning on the DL. 



Lots of people were coming from out of town and had not been to my parents house in a while so I decided the wreath would be perfect as a welcome decoration on the front door. All it needed was some embellishment! That's when I came up with this simple project to update the wreath.

Supplies:


  • Round piece of wood (I found this at Hobby Lobby near all the wooden letters)
  • White paint
  • Pink paint
  • Paint brush
  • Letter stamps
  • Tape
  • Hot glue
  • Ribbon
Directions:
  1. Paint wooden circle with white paint and let dry.
  2. Paint each letter stamp and stamp phrase onto wooden circle.
  3. Attach ribbon to back of wooden circle with hot glue gun. To finish, tie around or hot glue to top of wreath.

I love how it turned out and it was the perfect decoration for the front door to welcome everyone to the party. This project was quick and simple making it the perfect project for any party! Hope you all enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment