Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bridal Shower Invites

My summer is going to be full of weddings! My brother and two of my cousins are getting married. It is a very busy and exciting time for them! One of the projects that I have been put in charge of is planning the bridal shower for my future sister-in-law. It has been a lot of work but also a lot of fun. Pinterest has definitely come in handy for lots of inspiration!



First step in the planning process was coming up with a theme. My future sister-in-law is using pink as one of her main colors and she loves Disney princesses. I decided to go with a pretty in pink theme with a touch of elegance. The first thing I designed for the party was of course the invitations. These took a long time to do but I wanted something unique. Lately, I have seen a lot of artwork and party invites using a mismatch of fonts... which I LOVE! I had to use that idea when making my own invitations... I just had too :).
Here are the steps I took to make these but I am also going to include a template at the bottom of the page so you can just use that if you don't have the time or patience to come up with your own.

STEP 1: Open Microsoft Publisher. There are other programs out there you can use but this is what I had on hand and it worked great. 

STEP 2: Create a new document. There are lots of templates you can choose from. The size template I used was 4" x 6". This was a custom size:

Go to "New" and then select "More Blank Page Sizes" at the top.
Under the "Custom" section select "Create new page size..."
This is where you can customize the size you want.
STEP 3: Use various clip art found in the program to create a border. I made a dotted line square then laid the artwork over top to make it interesting.

STEP 4: Determine your wording layout and what types of fonts you want to use. I recommend only using 4-5 fonts and repeating them. Too many fonts will make the invite look overly busy. 

STEP 5: Print the invites onto card stock of your choice and cut them out using a straight cutter or send them to a specialty store to be printed. I chose to have Fed Ex print mine. I saved the file onto a flash drive, brought it to the store, and they were able to size it, print it, and cut it all right there. It took very little time and only cost less than $20 for the invites and the envelopes.

This project took a lot of time but saved me a lot of money. The cards were unique and turned out exactly the way I wanted them too. The bride to be also very excited to see it come in the mail. Hope you all enjoy and here is the file!

Bridal Shower Invites - Microsoft Publisher Document
Bridal Shower Invites - PDF Document

1 comment: