Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Craft Closet Update


For the past couple of weeks I have been slowly updating my guest bedroom to be more of a craft room. I am constantly making a mess everywhere in the apartment and it has been nice to have a designated area to do all of my crafts. There is a big sliding glass door too which will make it nice to work in in the summer. My latest project has been the closet. It is a pretty good size but the issue has been organization. Without any wall storage everything has been piling up on the floor and spilling out into the actual room.


After looking at several stores in the area for ideas on organizing the closet, I decided that I wanted some free-standing shelves on at least one of the walls. I did not want to hang any since I am in an apartment and free-standing shelves will be easy to take with. I looked at some shelves at the Container store that I liked but they were over $100 for their cheapest one. Next, I thought of using cheap Walmart bookcases but none of the options would fit well in the space.


Right when I was about to give up I found some plastic shelves meant for garage storage at Lowe's. They had several different sizes and colors and the best part was they were on sale for a decent price. I ended up finding one the was only $29.99 that would fit the space perfectly. After buying it I brought it home and put it together and boy was it easy. I didn't need any tools and it took about 10-15 minutes to do. The longest part was figuring out where I wanted to put everything once the shelves were up. (Lowe's did not endorse me or ask me to talk about their product I just really liked it and wanted to share!)

I am so happy with how much it opens up and organizes the closet. I am debating buying another one and putting it on the other side. Next step is making some cute storage bins to organize all my craft supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment