Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Simple Banana Bread




Lately, I have been trying to buy more fruits and veggies to incorporate into my diet. I figure if I buy them, I will eat them, and for the most part I have. Unfortunately, I overestimated how many bananas I could eat this week and ended up with some over-ripe fruit. Naturally, the only solution is to make banana bread! Who doesn't love some soft, warm banana bread straight from the oven? Plus, there's no sense letting good bananas go to waist. So here is my simple, go-to recipe when I decide to make some delicious banana bread.

Too ripe to eat but perfect for banana bread!

Ingredients:

  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter, melted
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mash the bananas and mix them with your melted butter.
  3. Add sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix well.
  4. Add flour slowly. Mix completely.
  5. Pour into 5x9 loaf pan.
  6. Bake for 1 hour or until inserting toothpick comes out clean and top is brown.

This is one of my favorite breads to make because it is so quick and simple. Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment